Friday, May 6, 2011

Vettel not worried by missed session

Vettel

Vettel

Vettel


The Red Bull driver, the winner of the first two races, lost control of his car during a wet opening practice session, crashing heavily against the barriers.

As a result of the accident, Vettel was unable to run in the afternoon. However the world champion said the lack of running will not be a big problem.

"It makes it a bit more difficult, no doubt, but I don't think it will be a problem," said Vettel. "We know the track quite well from the past years, and in the end it was only one afternoon we had in the dry.

"We'll see. I'm still confident for tomorrow. Everything is open. It looks fairly close and I think it will be quite exciting tomorrow."

Vettel said he apologised to his mechanics and admitted the most important thing was that he was uninjured.

"You could see there was nothing I could do to stop the car from hitting the wall, so I think the most important thing is that I'm fine," he said.

"Unfortunately we couldn't get the car ready in time. There was a little bit too much damage. I'm sorry for the guys. I apologised because it was not my intention to damage the car.

"But this is racing and it can happen. I think the most important is that we are still here."